[haiku] Re: Asus Eee PC 1000H

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:02:05 +0000

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Sean Healy<jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Are you trying to update an existing image or installation of Haiku?
>
> Yes. For some reason, whenever I try to build to the physical partition,
> Haiku seems to think it's mounted read-only. I've tried several times to
> unmount it and remount it read/write, but I get the same error every time.

jam <options> "update" isn't really suggested at this point. It's been
known to cause some issues in the past.

Here's a script that several people worked on :
http://haiku.pastebin.com/f6e9af823
Basically, it's a rather simple backup script. Tag files or
directories with the attribute.  When it comes time to backup, run the
script.

From what OS are you building Haiku?

If it's from Linux/BSD/... , then this may be of use :
http://www.haiku-os.org/node/2513#sudo_jam

basically:
        sudo chmod o+r /dev/sda2
        sudo chmod o+rw /dev/sda2
        jam -q @walter-sda2
where "walter-sda" is in your UserBuildConfig as :
DefineBuildProfile walter-sda2 : disk : "/dev/sda2" ;

--mmadia