[haiku] Asus Eee PC 1000H

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 16:17:01 +0200

Hi,

Just got an Asus Eee PC 1000H, and Haiku boots on it. For the first time I am able to boot Haiku on physical hardware.

I have vmware set up to access my physical drive. I built Haiku onto a virtual drive, and booted into it to make sure all was well. From there I used the Installer to install to the physical drive, and then rebooted the physical machine.

Haiku (r30950) handles my display driver with its 1024x600 resolution. Unfortunately, I get a steady hiss of static from the speakers, and cannot mute it. (And of course, there's no internet.)