[haiku] Re: Asus Eee PC 1000H

  • From: Sean Healy <jalopeura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 19:38:04 +0200

Ryan Leavengood wrote:

The build system won't actually remove an optional package in a
pre-existing installation. It isn't really like a package management
system that can install and uninstall things, it is just an easy way
to put software on a Haiku image. So you probably need to set
HAIKU_DONT_CLEAR_IMAGE to 0 to start with a clean slate, or you can
manually delete OpenSound (if you open the zip file you can see what
it installs and where.) Or you could try running this in /boot when
OpenSound.zip is there:

No, I didn't expect it to remove the package. I thought HAIKU_DONT_CLEAR_IMAGE defaulted to 0, and that commenting out the line setting it to 1 would cause jam to clear the image before building. I'll try explicitly setting it to 0. If that doesn't work, I'll try manually deleting the files.

Thanks for the help.