[openbeos] Re: A very interesting 3D desktop prototype...

  • From: "Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:55:24 +1000

On 6/23/06, François Revol <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I often find myself trying to organize stuff in real life in separate
folders and boxes... But I still have piles everywhere, it's the
natural "least resistance path" of (un)organization. That doesn't mean
we should allow such inefficiency to exist in a virtual world :)

Another thing people seem to forget is that the "Virtual" world is 2D - not 3D. When we have 3D Screens, then fair enough, but until then shouldn't the virtual desktop stay just that? A 2D desk area to temporarily store files and objects, and an area to create shortcuts to other areas?

Well, that's just my theory i guess :).

--
Thank You
Mathew Schofield