[openbeos] Re: A very interesting 3D desktop prototype...

  • From: Helmar Rudolph <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 09:27:33 +0200

Brian Hague wrote:

> I thought we were supposed to get rid of the paper in the office...
> this took the mess on my desk and stuck it on my desktop...

On that note... in Windows I am constantly reminded of an abysmally
poor implementation of Drag and Drop. DnD, should, be definition, be
cross-application (including the OS). I wonder if one cannot come up
with some kind of mechanism that (at least roughly) defines what
type of object one is trying to DnD, and upon dropping, if it's not
obvious for the 'recipient object' what the 'data object' is, at
least displays a menu, allowing to choose from the most obvious
options, ie. text, URL, image/icon, media, etc.

<back to lurking>

Helmar