[haiku-gsoc] Re: [Haiku ARM port] Debugging double spinlock acquiring in dprintf_args

  • From: Arvind S Raj <sraj.arvind@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-gsoc <haiku-gsoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 02:03:37 +0530

On 13 August 2014 00:56, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Functionality shared between libroot and the kernel should generally be
> built from within src/system/kernel/lib (i.e. probably [1] in this case).
>
> CU, Ingo
>
> [1]
> http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/system/kernel/lib/arch/arm/Jamfile

Thanks for the info Ingo - the C++ source is being compiled
successfully now! Currently, the build fails again when trying to
build libroot.so because the object file of the newly added source
file isn't present in the list(and hence several undefined references
to atomic_get_and_set again). I ran the command in [1] and it
succeeded and thus I've been trying to locate where to specify that
this file using opengrok but haven't had much success. I ran jam with
-dx but it seemed to be taking quite some time and unfortunately
overwrote the earlier build logs I had(yes I probably should've saved
it). The error was generated when the Link rule was called, which ran
the command in [1] but without the generic_atomic.o in the list of
objects. I'm calling it a day now; will continue later on.

[1] http://paste.debian.net/plainh/25dfc9bf