[haiku-development] Re: how to write so others read

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 06:54:13 -0700

2008/8/9 Jonas Sundström <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_posting

<snip>

> I apologize if this request is seen as rude in any way.
>
> TIA,
> Jonas Sundström.

I for one, appreciate it :)

Since we're finding a large number of new and excited people joining
our mailing lists in the recent months, we're definitely going to see
this more often.

Many times, when I see someone top-post a couple times, I will send
them a private email with similar friendly wording and the same
wikipedia link to remind them that we would like to keep the
communication format clean and readable :)

A direct and private email may help to keep the embarrassment level
down for people who maybe aren't used to mailing list communication so
much.

- Urias