[haiku-development] Re: how to write so others read

  • From: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 20:49:17 -0500

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 7:35 PM, richard jasmin <jasminr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i always hated inline replying.now wikipedia just game me the reason.
>
> it effs the message up.it makes it seem like your the boss and you have to
> get the final word.the whole point is to
> debate the info presented properly, not use it to condemn somebody's use of
> the english language or worse.you definety dont want feedback inline from

It has absolutely zero to do with that. It establishes context for
what you're replying to. Frankly I haven't seen a single email by you
all week with the exception of this one that I didn't have to reread
about 6 times to figure out what you were talking about.

> most modern mail agents reply and auto-indent, although i wouldnt take it
> against ANY of you if you are using the command console and not a GUI.i tend
> to like the console myself, but not for doing any real work.not to say real
> work isn't done down there, but you ARE limited to what can be done.

What does GUI vs CLI have to do with it? Neither one forces top
posting vs inlining.

Regards,

Rene