[haiku-development] Re: (abandoned?) OptionalPackages still awaiting rebuild or should be just drop them from alpha3?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 10:43:02 -0700

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 9:49 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The following OptionalPackages still haven't had a fresh build on
> alpha3, nor has anyone stepped up to say that they would make a fresh
> build of any of these:
> TimGMSoundFont, TrackerNewTemplates, WonderBrush, BeZillaMail,
> BeZillaBrowser, friss, links, NetSurf, OpenSound, BeHappy, clucene,
> Clockwerk, Development Java packages.

Which of these currently fail to work on R1A3?

I suspect BeZilla* are abandoned at this point, due to lack of
motivation for anyone to update them.

Previously I was using OpenSound to "fix" some audio problems on a
couple of my laptops, but the new IO-APIC changes seem to have mostly
alleviated the problems with our native drivers for me.

BeHappy needs an updated NetSurf I believe - but would be nice to have
around in the future. Even better if it could be adapted to make use
of Web+ somehow (I suspect that requires an BHTMLView-type class of
some sort).

- Urias