[haiku-development] Re: (abandoned?) OptionalPackages still awaiting rebuild or should be just drop them from alpha3?

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:37:57 +0200

Axel Dörfler wrote:
> #7258 is a candidate where you wrote half of a book in the comments,
> where I'm not really inclined to go through again, and would await
> Ingo's (who kept up with you all the time) next comment before I'd do
> anything ;-)

To be honest I lost the motivation. The whole discussion cost me lots of time
and since the latest patch is still not "perfect", I decided that should I ever
feel motivated enough again, I'd take a day or two to work on the issues myself
(I don't see that happening anytime soon though). I only skimmed through the
patch, but it definitely contains coding style violations and is not complete
in that it fixes all associated issues (e.g. the wrong run mode of the
consumer). I don't recall, whether I spotted issues with the patch itself.

CU, Ingo