[haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers

  • From: Earl Pottinger <earl_colby_pottinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:15:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Tue, 4/12/11, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>>From: Axel Dörfler
<axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Subject: [haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers
>>To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>Disk device drivers need to export its device as "raw" if they want to
>>use the disk device manager (ie. have partitions and file systems auto-
>>detected).
>>Otherwise, you should still be able to use the mount command from the
>>command line.

>>Bye,
>>   Axel.

I believed I already tried that, but in-case I have missed something I will try
again.
And yes, I am dumb enough to miss something that simple.
PS. Where should I post my code for others to look at?  I hope my messages
format properly, I never realized how messy yahoo's email was.

PSS. I read this entire thread and followed the links.  New APIs are mentioned,
where do I find docs or examples.