[haiku-development] Writing Device Drivers

  • From: Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:26:52 +0530

Hi,

I installed Haiku on a Dell Vostro 1520 about a week ago. Everything
except the touchpad appears to work fine (I can move my pointer and
click/right click, but I cannot scroll using the touchpad edges). I'd
love to write a driver for it, but I have no clue where to start.
Pointers? I see
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/device_driver_basics on the
official website, but it's from 2002.

PS: I have no prior experience writing device drivers.

PPS: I would also love to contribute a WiFi driver for my card if
nobody else has already written it. But that comes much later :p

--
Salut,
General Maximus