[haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers

--- On Tue, 4/12/11, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:>>From: Ingo
Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
>>Subject: [haiku-development] Re: Writing Device Drivers
>>To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>>On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:32:43 +0200 "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>wrote:

>>Furthermore devices must be published somewhere under /dev/disk/... for
>>the>>disk device manager (DDM) to pick them up. The DDM writes to the
>>syslog>>what devices it scans and what partitions it finds, so that might be
>>worth>>having a look at.

>>CU, Ingo

I placed the driver in /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/binI placed a
link to it in /boot/home/config/add-ons/kernel/drivers/dev/diskAnd I publlish
the driver as:{ "disk/cram", "NULL };
I not only use the syslog I also use "tail -f /boot/common/var/log/syslog" in a
terminal monitor the driver.
When the computer boots, syslog shows the drive being discovered and then loaded
News, just tried publishing as /disk/cram/raw and it is now seen by DriveSetup,
you guys are wonderful!!!!