[haiku-development] Re: Unable to create partition

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 16:54:44 -0700

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 09:42:41AM +0200, "Axel Dörfler" wrote:
> On August 2, 2012 at 4:46 AM Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > However, when I try to create this, I always get the message: "Validation
> > of the given creation parameters failed."

> Is there anything useful ending up in the syslog?
Not a thing...

If it's any help to look at I've put a screenshot at:

   goodeveca.net/haiku/DriveSetupFail.png

> If not, you could try to compile the intel partitioning system with debug
> output
> turned on.

Compiling would be part of my current problems. (:-/)  I lost the partition
with the (SVN) source tree on my current machine (though I do have a USB
backup) and was waiting for my new box to start again with Git.

Unfortunately I don't seem to have any net connection with Haiku on
the laptop (:-() which sort of stops things dead there!  It uses the
Realtek 8111/8168 which supposedly is supported, but it doesn't show
in the network pref.  (Not sure what the state of WiFi is -- all my
neighbours' points show up, but I don't have a router myself yet.)

I'm going to see if parted from the linux side will give me a partition
to play with, but otherwise I've no idea what to do.

        -- Pete --