[haiku-development] Re: Unable to create partition

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:07:57 -0700

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 04:54:44PM -0700, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If it's any help to look at I've put a screenshot at:
>
>    goodeveca.net/haiku/DriveSetupFail.png

Dammit!!  Looking again (with a cooler head probably) at the picture,
I see what's missing!  There *is* no extended partition!  A bit of a failure
in communication, I suppose -- I asked the ZaReason folks to give me three
partitions (of 50GB) and leave the 'extended' one for future decisions.
I guess I forgot that Linux wants a swap partition, which they gave me
as the first, and the three others are all primary!  So there's no way
to get at the rest of the space currently.

Means I'll have to dump what I currently have in the Haiku part (fortunately
not too customized yet) and start over.  Bah!

        -- Pete --