[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: Christof Lutteroth <lutteroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:47:43 +1300

Hi!

Stephan Assmus wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:30:39 +1300, Christof Lutteroth said:
I would like to make the Stack & Tile configuration permanent
I just had another idea: Maybe app_server could create a unique ID for every window group it creates, and maintain the relevant additional group settings with some mechanism to automatically clean out old groups perhaps. In the existing mechanism to retrieve app_server window state info (BWindow::[Set|Get]DecoratorSettings()), the app_server window could store it's group unique id and perhaps some other info, like position in the stack etc.. Then when the window's settings are restored, it could try to attach itself to the group. If it does not exist yet, the app_server could recreate the group with the stored settings. When other windows are recreated, and the owning application(s) restore their setting with SetDecoratorSettings(), these windows could be dynamically added to the already existing group.

Thank you for all the information. This sounds like a good idea. I will look into it.

Cheers,
Christof