[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:40:14 -0700

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Hong Yul Yang<hongyul.yang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi, Hong! Great you're taking over the Stack&Tile project. I just tried it
>> out and the persistence is working AFAICS. Nice!
>>
>> I have one bug to report. Tile two windows together (I took home/ and
>> home/config/ ). Sometimes the bug shows right there, if not, just reboot
>> Haiku:
>> If I move the right of the two tiled windows horizontally, not both
>> windows are moved as expected, but the left window stays put and is resized
>> instead.
>> If I close and re-open both windows, they are still tiled (persistence
>> working), but now they show the expected behaviour.
>>
>> This is on VirtualBox, BTW.
>
> Thanks guys for the feedback. We have an update to Stack & Tile that
> addresses those issues raised. Particularly: the bug
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4093 should be fixed, and the window
> behaviour should be more predictable. I've uploaded the patches here:
>
> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hongyul/research/patches/linprog.diff
> http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hongyul/research/patches/stack-and-tile.diff
>
> Have fun :)
>
> regards,
> Hong Yul

Hong,
I took a brief look at the patch, I don't know all the details of
Haiku's coding guidelines, but I do know they like to keep lines to
under 80 columns, and quite a few of the lines in the patches violate
that.  Here's a link to the Haiku coding guidelines:
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/haiku_coding_guidelines
How long do you think it would it take to reformat the code to match
Haiku's coding guidelines?  That may be one of the holdups to getting
the code into the tree.
-scottmc