[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: Hong Yul Yang <hongyul.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 11:41:34 +1200

> Hi, Hong! Great you're taking over the Stack&Tile project. I just tried it
> out and the persistence is working AFAICS. Nice!
>
> I have one bug to report. Tile two windows together (I took home/ and
> home/config/ ). Sometimes the bug shows right there, if not, just reboot
> Haiku:
> If I move the right of the two tiled windows horizontally, not both windows
> are moved as expected, but the left window stays put and is resized instead.
> If I close and re-open both windows, they are still tiled (persistence
> working), but now they show the expected behaviour.
>
> This is on VirtualBox, BTW.

Thanks guys for the feedback. We have an update to Stack & Tile that
addresses those issues raised. Particularly: the bug
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4093 should be fixed, and the window
behaviour should be more predictable. I've uploaded the patches here:

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hongyul/research/patches/linprog.diff<http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/%7Ehongyul/research/patches/linprog.diff>
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~hongyul/research/patches/stack-and-tile.diff<http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/%7Ehongyul/research/patches/stack-and-tile.diff>

Have fun :)

regards,