[haiku-development] Re: Stack & Tile update

  • From: "Bruno Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:35:51

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 23:30:39 +1300, Christof Lutteroth said:

> I would like to make the Stack & Tile configuration permanent, i.e.
> store it like the window positions. Could someone please indicate how
and where data about windows are stored at the moment so that I can
extend the existing mechanism?

Window position information is stored in an extended attributes
attached to directories:

/boot> listattr home
File: home
  Type         Size                 Name
-----------  ---------  -------------------------------
     'RECT'         16  "_trk/windframe"
     Int-32          4  "_trk/windwkspc"
   Raw Data        105  "_trk/winddecor"
   Raw Data        185  "_trk/columns_le"
   Raw Data         53  "_trk/viewstate_le"

363 bytes total in attributes.

You would probably want to maintain a new attribute like those although
it could be a bit weird as this thing is per window and you want
something per window group. Maybe an indexed attribute that tells which
group a window belongs to? Then you can just query for all windows that
are part of a specifc group and set your stuff with that information.

-Bruno