[haiku-development] Re: Sound of Silence...

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 11:22:42 -0700

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 08:15:44PM -0700, Urias McCullough wrote:

> Optional Packages are installed from various URLs, depending on the
> author of the package, you can find the URLs to each package here:
>
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/browser/haiku/trunk/build/jam/OptionalPackages#L449

Thanks, but I'm afraid that didn't work either.

The link in that listing is:

  http://www.yellowbites.com/downloads/OpenSound_Haiku20080621.zip
                                                      ^^^^^^^^!

and all the files inside -- except one link -- are from Nov 07!

Still get the red volume control.

Is it possible to download the sources *just* for that package, and
compile them in the standard Haiku develop environment?  I'd imagine
the ones that were working in the revision I got from Scott were compiled
together with the OS -- the dates certainly support that idea.

Cheers,
                        -- Pete --