[haiku-development] Re: Sound of Silence...

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:32:40 -0700

Well, I'm still not getting any sound, having downloaded the OpenSound source
(which I finally realized is the standard release, which has the BeOS stuff
all included), recompiled and installed. No dice.

I have been digging into sources a bit, though, and I believe I've found
the reason for my red volume slider...  And unless I'm going mad, everyone
else should be seeing it too!

On line 304 of .../src/bin/desklink/VolumeControl.cpp, I see:

 float position = 1.0f * (max - min - max) / (max - min);

Hunh...?  Doesn't this result in a *negative* position for all min and max?
As that position is then fed to the bar drawing...:

  be_control_look->DrawSliderBar(view, frame, frame, base, leftFillColor,
                        rightFillColor, position, flags, Orientation());

I suppose it's time for me to file a bug, but I thought I'd check first.
There must be something else wrong too, because I don't see how that could
clobber the rest of the audio.  If anyone has any tips on debugging...

Cheers,
                        -- Pete --