[haiku-development] Re: Screen preflet, vesa

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 20:36:25 +0100

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote :

How about "not fully supported" ?

That would be better, I guess. But I really don't see the point of using the word supported here, as it adds no value to the message that you are trying to convey the user.

I agree with Koki that the message could be a bit enhanced for the general user. As we are also calling this "safe video mode" in the bootloader, what about "Haiku is using your video card in safe mode (VESA). Your settings will be applied on next startup. " (or some nicer phrasing).
Or "Haiku is running in safe video mode ..."

Regards,
Alex