[haiku-development] Re: Screen preflet, vesa

> François Revol wrote:

> >> I thought so too, but I was pointed by one of the Haiku devs to
> > > the
> >> VBE/AF standard, which apparently is an extension to provide hw
> >> acceleration.
> >
> > Yes, that one, but as I said it's not much implemented anyway, and
> > IIRC
> > requires loading a driver.
>
> Maybe this could help?
>
> http://www.talula.demon.co.uk/freebe/

I checked that site some time ago, but if you read the table you'll see
only 2 drivers are 100% portable.
The other ones use the BIOS, which requires calling it from protected
mode (and likely vm86 which we don't support). So I'm wondering if it's
worth the effort.

I've also looked at trying to call BGI drivers (borland DOS stuff) but
very few supported more than 256 colors anyway.

François.