[haiku-development] Re: R1alpha 2 : time to get the ball rolling ?

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:34:29 +0100

On 2010-02-26 at 20:56:35 [+0100], Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> How useful is unencrypted Wifi support? Sure you can access public WLANs,
> >> but since you wouldn't set up your home WLAN without encryption, this is
> >> how
> >> far it goes. Maybe Colin can add some insight how things look on the
> >> encryption front and whether we should include that, too.
> >
> > I'm with Matt on this one...unencrypted may not be ideal but it's by
> > far better than no wifi at all.
>
> I agreed with most of Ingo's points as well, except for this one. I
> too believe unencrypted wifi would be a valuable addition to the next
> major public release.

Sorry, I should have expressed myself clearer. I totally agree that even
without encryption support Wifi is a valuable addition and should definitely
be in the release. I only wanted to add the point to discussion, that we
might want to consider postponing the release a bit, if that would allow
inclusion of encryption support. That mainly depends on estimates how long it
would take to add it, of course.

CU, Ingo