[haiku-development] Re: Proposed Change to Common Accelerant for EDID

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 18:40:31 +0200

2009/6/28 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I just wanted to say that I have an intel card and the intel_extreme
>> driver works fine but give me only a 1440x900 mode @ 30Hz, which
>> flickers horribly. Do you think using the GTF could fix that and
>> allow
>> me to use other modes ?
>> What could cause this problem ?
>
> Probably broken EDID information from your monitor, though I'm
> surprised it can even show it. Are you sure its actually 30Hz? If you
> have a digital panel, the frequency is usually fixed to 60Hz.
>
> In any way, a syslog of a boot could help diagnosing the problem.
>
> Bye,
>   Axel.

Ok, I checked everything up, so here is a more complete description of
what I get :
-In vesa mode, everything works fine. I can change the resolution, and
I get a correct refresh rate.
-The bootscreen works well at 1440x900 without flickering
-When I use the intel driver, the screen preflet allow me to select
only 1440x900, 32 bit (which is ok) and a full list of refresh rate
from 60 to 100Kz. But no matter what I select, the screen flickers the
same way.
-'screenmode -l' in a terminal only lists one mode: 1440 900, 32 bits,
29.4Hz. That's where I got the idea that it was 30Hz. (I added the -l
option to screenmode some time ago while looking around this problem.

I also attached a syslog dump to this mail. Oh, and according to linux
lspci, my video chipset is intel GM965/GL960 revision 0c. My laptop is
a Dell Inspiron 1525.

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
Elève ingénieur ENSSAT EII1- www.enssat.fr