[haiku-development] Re: Proposed Change to Common Accelerant for EDID

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 12:18:00 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway, attached is a diff file with my proposed changes.

As a temporary solution, I think it's okay -- but it's a problem that
should be fixed in a generic way.

> The Screen Preferences merely adjusts the pixel clock when it can not
> find a matching refresh rate for a specified resolution.  Is this the
> correct way of doing it, or should it also be adjusting some of the
> other parameters in the mode info?

It should also adjust the other parameters.
The propose_mode() function in the accelerant should only make sure
that the graphics card and monitor can show the mode - the Screen
preferences should therefore ask for good modes. It should use the GTF
to compute the modes that are not in the card's mode list.

Bye,
   Axel.