[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: include InternalMIDI in Haiku

  • From: Barrett <barrett666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:02:56 +0100

>> Haiku has support for old style MidiKit and MidiKit 2. So if it
>> doesn't work on haiku, it's a bug.
>
> It would seem so...  I created a minimal test app that simply creates
> a MidiPort (doesn't even open it or try to use it).  Under BeOS 5,
> PatchBay immediately shows the associated "MidiPortGlue" endpoints.
> Not so with Haiku.
Yeah, i'll investigate about this when i'll have the time..anyway
there are some screenshots about InternalMIDI, PatchBay and MIDISynth
on Haiku.
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5319/screenshot1vy.png
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/9396/screenshot2k.png

They fortunately use the new midi kit and all seems well apart some
unknown latency problems.

2010/3/24 Ralf Schülke <ralf.schuelke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi,
> i have on Haiku, some problems, i copy the synth files from zeta into Haiku
> /boot/system/data/synth/
>
> but InternalMedi can't found this!
>
> The other is a start on last BeGeistert a smal Piano Application (
> http://www.team-maui.org/dir/projects/Piano/piano.zip )
>
> The Motivation to code this is in time on zero, i am lucky if haiku can play
> the synth files.
>
> stargater

i copied the sf2 files in /boot/common/etc/synth/ and all works fine,
as you can see in previous screenshots : )