[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: include InternalMIDI in Haiku

2010/3/24  <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:45:00AM -0700, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 01:02:56PM +0100, Barrett wrote:
>> >
>> > i copied the sf2 files in /boot/common/etc/synth/ and all works fine,
>> > as you can see in previous screenshots : )
>>
>> ... which is why it worked for you and not for me!  (though why 'common'
>> and not 'beos' I'm not sure...)
>>
> It's a shame that I always experiment *after* I post, isn't it? (:-/)
> I just tried installing the synth files in both /boot/beos/etc/synth/
> and /boot/common/etc/synth/.  Neither works on my system with the BeOS
> version of InternalMIDI!  The soundfont selector stays stubbornly
> empty.  I haven't a clue what the difference might be.

When i tested InternalMIDI (a month ago) i made many tests and i don't
remember how this worked, anyway as i remember, the media kit (also
InternalMIDI if there's an instance i suppose) need to be restarted to catch
the new sf2 files, try in this direction.

About default directories discussion...yes the BeOS binary watch for files
in /boot/common/etc/synth/ instead the svn version recompiled on Haiku in
/boot/system/data/synth.

> So I'd suggest (to Ralph) that recompilation is the way to go.  (It needs
> a suitable Makefile, though, unless ther's a way of handling BeIDE
projects
> in Haiku.  Is there?)
>
>        -- Pete --

Sorry, i forgot to commit the makefile on the osdrawer repository when i
removed the BeIDE projects. Please use the svn version in future : )

Have anyone made any test on virtualbox or vmware? under VirtualBox the app
become extremely unresposive when i try to use one of the BMenu, but as said
on real hardware there isn't this problem with both BeOS and svn versions.

when i tested under vbox, another issue seems to come from the midi_kit,
some debug output notices are printed in terminal :
[midi] UNIMPLEMENTED void BPrivate::BSoftSynth::Pause()
... (some errors if big_synth.sy and little_synth.sy are not in their
directory)
[midi] UNIMPLEMENTED void BPrivate::BSoftSynth::Pause()

What's this? Are they unimplemented for lack of interested developers or is
this a choice?