[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: include InternalMIDI in Haiku

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:05:33 -0700

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:45:00AM -0700, pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 01:02:56PM +0100, Barrett wrote:
> >
> > i copied the sf2 files in /boot/common/etc/synth/ and all works fine,
> > as you can see in previous screenshots : )
>
> ... which is why it worked for you and not for me!  (though why 'common'
> and not 'beos' I'm not sure...)

It's a shame that I always experiment *after* I post, isn't it? (:-/)
I just tried installing the synth files in both /boot/beos/etc/synth/
and /boot/common/etc/synth/.  Neither works on my system with the BeOS
version of InternalMIDI!  The soundfont selector stays stubbornly
empty.  I haven't a clue what the difference might be.

So I'd suggest (to Ralph) that recompilation is the way to go.  (It needs
a suitable Makefile, though, unless ther's a way of handling BeIDE projects
in Haiku.  Is there?)

        -- Pete --