[haiku-development] Re: Pe doesn't show the bodies of functions

  • From: pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:56:06 -0700

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 06:54:36PM +0200, Philippe Houdoin wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > These source files are from a tar.bz2 file that I created on BeOS
> > 5.0.3 back in 2000.  Did the BeOS tar also archive file attributes?
>
> As files extracted from this tar archive file have attributes, I guess it's
> a yes :-)

Hunh...?  Pardon my skepticism, but as far as I know this just ain't
possible!  I just ran a quick test in BeOS R5, tarring up a couple of
files with a healthy set of attributes, then unpacking into an empty
directory.  As I expected the recreated files were entirely empty of
attributes!  I looked for any possible switch options, but found
nothing relevant.

So what's going on here? (:-/)

-- Pete --