[haiku-development] Re: [Locale Kit] German localization of locale preferences

  • From: PulkoMandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 22:53:24 +0200

Le Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:35:38 +0200, Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> a écrit:

Hi,
I've made a patch to the de.catkeys (r33348) of the locale preflet,
where I changed the translation to a more natural kind of german. But
now I'm unsure how to handle this, because there are always several ways
to translate something and what feels more natural to me, may not to
others. So, who decides which translation is more appropriated? I think
pulkomandy (the locale kit maintainer IIRC) will be overwhelmed with
this as he is a native french speaker (that is what I guess seeing all
those fr.catkeys made by him :).

I suggest to introduce some kind of language manager, to cultivate a
uniform linguistic usage within one language. For german I'm willing to
do that, if there is no one else.

Best Regards
-Colin

Thanks !
Applied the patch in r33361. However, as it only touches a single small file, I think you should send me the modified file instead of a diff. It could even be smaller :)

--
Adrien Destugues / PulkoMandy
http://pulkomandy.ath.cx