[haiku-development] Re: [Locale Kit] German localization of locale preferences

  • From: Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:12:13 +0200

Stephan Assmus schrieb:
Hi,

On 2009-09-29 at 16:35:38 [+0200], Colin Günther <coling@xxxxxx> wrote:
I've made a patch to the de.catkeys (r33348) of the locale preflet, where I changed the translation to a more natural kind of german. But now I'm unsure how to handle this, because there are always several ways to translate something and what feels more natural to me, may not to others. So, who decides which translation is more appropriated? I think pulkomandy (the locale kit maintainer IIRC) will be overwhelmed with this as he is a native french speaker (that is what I guess seeing all those fr.catkeys made by him :).

I suggest to introduce some kind of language manager, to cultivate a uniform linguistic usage within one language. For german I'm willing to do that, if there is no one else.

Since IMHO you did a very good job at improving the German translation, I think you would do a good job. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan

Thanx. I will take care of "our" language :) For me this means, that I'm helping in translating (creating de.catkeys) and monitoring changes to translations closely.

Bye
-Colin