[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 22:38:06 +0200

Am 09.05.2012 01:35, schrieb John Scipione:
Secondly we need to integrate KeymapSwitcher into Haiku and natively
support multiple keymaps. Apparently this is a must have feature for
Cyrillic users, not just a nice to have, meaning they cannot
practically use Haiku without native keymap switching support. We need
to add a Deskbar replicant to access the keymap settings. I'm not sure
how KeymapSwitcher currently works, but, I imagine it already has
this.

KeymapSwitcher consists of two parts: input_server filter and Deskbar replicant. The filter do the following: a) remap the Cmd-based shortcuts from Cyrillics to Latin to let them works; b) checks for keymap switching shortcut, and send the message to the Deskbar replicant. The replicant a) receives the messages from the filter, reload keymap file and call some undocumented call in the input_server to apply this updated keymap; b) it also tracks the currently active team and switches the keymaps in dependecy of it.

---
Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski