[haiku-development] Re: Keymaps

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 21:11:34 +0200

pulkomandy писал 10.05.2012 18:31:
Well, hard-coded combinations are bad. User wants to configure every
possible combinatin he can imagine. So why we should restrict him in
this? Year ago I thought that such functionality can be merged in
the Shortcuts Preflet and let user just configure any shortcut
combination for input_server "Switch keymap" event, for example.

There are multiple problems with this one :
 * Possible conflicts with app shortcuts

They are no more conflicting than any combination that can be set in the Shortcuts Preflet. Have I missed something here?

* Needs to use keys that don't move when you swap keymaps (eg, letters
are out...). Some combos may even become unreachable with some
keymaps...

Are there any reasons to switch the keymap on the "pulse front" instead of the "pulse down"? BTW, KS uses the "pulse down" event from the very beginning.

Cmd+Space is intercepted by input_server as "change input method"
switch. This is made for our Japanese users. They don't change their
keymap, instead they change their input method, but result is more or
less the same, so maybe we could handle both at the same level.

I meant registering the input_server event for keymap operations and utilize it in the same way as Shortcuts Preflet do without hard-coding to some predefined combination.

--
Kind Regards,
   S.Zharski