[haiku-development] Re: [GSoC proposal] IMAP FS - A few queries

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 09:11:15 -0700 (PDT)

Quoth Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>,
> When connecting with an IMAP client (I checked with KMail) the trash folder
> appears as a normal IMAP folder. I can move mails from and to it just like
> with any other folder. Deleting a mail in any folder does not make it
> appear in the trash folder automatically. So I suspect it is also on the
> server just an ordinary mailbox.

OK, so evidently when you mount that trash folder on IMAPFS,
it will likewise be an ordinary mail folder there, that happens
to be named "Trash".

To take off on a tangent for a moment, another weird little
idiosyncrasy of at least one widely used server implementation -
the LIST command may respond with a bunch of files that aren't
mailboxes at all, just files that happened to be found where
it looks for mailboxes.

So I hope we weren't thinking of automatically mounting all
mailboxes found on the server, for that reason along with
a half dozen others I can think of, including maybe this
business with Trash folders that don't make sense with the FS.
Outside of INBOX, the user should probably have to choose
to mount specific mailboxes.

        Donn