[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

  • From: "Michael Lotz" <mmlr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:29:23 +0200

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:11:23 +0200 CEST, François Revol wrote
> > > I use BeOS to develop for haiku.  If we switch over to using GCC4 I
> > > assume I can still build applications for Haiku but can I also
> > > build
> > > the OS itself?
> >
> > As long as we have a GCC4 port for BeOS, the answer is definitely
> > yes.
>
> Well, I managed to build it once, on Zeta, so it's possible (only had
> to remove ugly -lm from Makefiles).
> Not sure it still works though, and I don't plan on doing it again :)

It's possible. There's a binary package of the compiler and you can also use
the normal "--buld-cross-tools-gcc4" as the patches required for that are
applied by now. See
//www.freelists.org/archives/haiku-development/05-2008/msg00409.html for
details.

Regards