[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:47:34 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 07:28:55 -0500
> Von: "Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
> An: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Betreff: [haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:14 AM, Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > We can even provide both tool chains and a way for developers to switch
> > between the two if they wanted. WHat do you guys think?
>
> My only objection to this would be that there's still a few drivers
> that don't work correctly when built with gcc4, in my case
> specifically Radeon.

The thing is that the GCC2 builds are getting a lot more exposure. Switching so
close before a release may not be wise. If on the other hand the release is
anticipated to happen in 3 months at the earliest, it may still be enough time.
I don't know. I was hoping the alpha would happen sooner though.

Best regards,
-Stephan