[haiku-development] Re: GCC 2 x GCC 4.

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:38:46 +0200, Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with Axel's point here. R1 has to be gcc2 to not mess things up for R2.

--I Think --
Why need Haiku-OS the binär compatibility from BeOS r5 ?

We have 2008 and i think end of 2009 it is a "must have" to release Haiku R1, after this, we need gcc4 and not more gcc2.

The best is when we have a R1Beta and then add a second source tree and calling "R2FutureTree" :-) This have gcc4 and have not more binär ore other compatibility to beos. And then can we make inovations of futures software. I think the future from haiku is the R2.

Fazit: R1 for the base of R2
the R1 is needed for testen how good is Haiku-OS ("Haiku vs BeOS R5" Benchmarks)

Ralf Schülke aka stargater