[haiku-development] Re: Follow-up to the "Luposian bug"

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 23:07:00 +0200

Hi Axel,

Am 06.04.2008 um 22:49 schrieb Axel Dörfler:
Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
Which revision would you advise on using for now? #2024 mentions
r24792? If it's already being worked on I'd downgrade and overwrite
it.

I didn't find the time to work much on it today, but I reproduced the
problem here, and I have a vague idea what's going on - as stippi
mentioned, at some point, the log area isn't correctly updated anymore.
I'm currently building some more debugging facilities into BFS to find
the cause for this (there is actually only a single reason how this can
happen, I'm just not sure why yet). If you can wait until tomorrow, I
guess I'll have the time to fix it then.

I've overwritten it with r24841 and, running into a similar issue, affecting only my data partition, found out that mounting it under BeOS resolved the issue.

I might add that read-only volumes do not seem to be accounted for in Haiku's UI yet. Apart from the missing remaining-space bar I could not tell that the partition was mounted read-only, baron did have write permissions. StyledEdit didn't complain when saving, and in Tracker attempts to rename files were silently ignored.

Andreas