[haiku-development] Re: Follow-up to the "Luposian bug"

  • From: Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 23:39:32 -0700

Ok, my Maxtor 30Gbyte DMA133 IDE drive just bit the dust (it was 5 yrs. old, from date of manufacture)... won't even power up at all... that explains the drive partition corruption, especially if no one else has had the same partition corruption occur, I was having.

Sorry for any trouble I caused...

Luposian

On Apr 6, 2008, at 4:43 PM, scott mc wrote:

Keep on using r24803, beat on it move files around try to fill up memory, kick it beat, and eventually you'll break something.  Trust me I've done it 4 times now with r24782.  I think the original "Luposian Bug" though was fixed some weeks ago.  Keep trying out different things though and if you find stuff that isn't working as expected, report it.  I stumbled into #2033 and #2034 last night.  They sound like they might be simple fixes, we'll see though.
 -scottmc

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Luposian <luposian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
If Haiku can copy files and *not* KDL.... and it can do so, *without* eating up all system memory... *and* write those files TO disk... then, as far as I'm concerned, the "Luposian Bug" is *SQUASHED DEAD!*  Those are the only problems that I've ever been bothered by (if there is anything I've forgotten, ask Axel... he knows all!).  And, unless any of those three "issues" resurfaces for any lengthy duration (hundreds or revisions or longer), *I DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT IT!* :-)

Afterall, I'm already famous enough, as it is... try not to immortalize me, eh? :-D  Er, you can do that in the credits... :-)