[haiku-development] Re: External package woes (was What to do with termcap?)

  • From: Niels Sascha Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 20:58:09 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:44 PM, "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On February 3, 2013 at 5:33 PM Landon Fuller <landonf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've got most of the project building with a fatelf-enable GCC front-end
>> driver today, which
>> means I can't put off the problem much further.
>
> Nice :-)
>
>> From there, I'd like to meet Jonathan Schleifer in the middle on clang, and
>> have a short-list
>> of tool-related improvements I'd like to work on.
>
> One short-term compromise I could think of is using a similar mechanism as 3rd
> party, and optionally let the build system download the known sources + Haiku
> build patches (or even source complete packages), and build them as part of
> the
> build system as it was done before externalizing them.
> This would probably be required to be done during Haiku's configure script, so
> that Jam can then work with those packages.

A way to implement this would be through Google's repo [1] tool. They
use it to manage the Android sources which are by itself a
constellation of various git repositories. This will enable everyone
to get a complete checkout of all the sources for Haiku.

Regards,

[1] https://gerrit.googlesource.com/git-repo/+/master