[haiku-development] Re: Bash and Jobs

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 22:29:03 -0400

On 8/28/07, Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, either that or change the SIGHUP handling to leave existing jobs
> alone. I actually tend towards liking that stuff I fire up into the
> background survives closing the terminal (as under BeOS).

I REALLY think that stuff started in the background from the shell
should survive the shell closing.

In regards to your original question, I believe closing the window and
typing exit should have the same behavior. In this case the behavior
of exit.

> It would also
> avoid risking data loss (imagine you started an editor into the
> background). But I suppose it mainly depends on what you're used to...

I think the least surprising thing is to leave background processes alone.

All systems I've used have worked this way, AFAIK.

Ryan