[haiku-development] Re: Bash and Jobs

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 08:58:05 +0200

Quoting Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I'd be all for it, too. I guess you suggest to enable the "shopt -s
> > huponexit" by default?
>
> Well, either that or change the SIGHUP handling to leave existing jobs
> alone. I actually tend towards liking that stuff I fire up into the
> background survives closing the terminal (as under BeOS). It would also
> avoid risking data loss (imagine you started an editor into the
> background). But I suppose it mainly depends on what you're used to...

+1 ("as under BeOS")

Now, nothing forbid us to add Terminal a new settings called "kill all jobs on
close" or whatever could describe this more genocidal behavior regarding child
processes...

As under BeOS by default, plus an extra feature via a setting. It sounds very
much like Haiku to me.

- Philippe