[haiku-development] Re: BFS drivers for other systems?

  • From: "Stephan Assmus" <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:31:51 +0100

Hi,

Yourself <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Ingo Weinhold wrote:
> > Well, we'll have to change a few things when we go multi-user (mainly
> moving
> > settings out of the attributes), but the more interesting stuff will
> remain
> > the same, I suppose.
> >
> > CU, Ingo
> >

> It begs to ask the question why you would want to ruin the elegance
> of the OS to add a layer of security that does nothing to actually offer
> any security ?
>
> what can't be fixed with file permissions and passwords ?

I don't have much of an opinion about the security features of multi-user.
However I find it very convenient to be able to set up multiple accounts on
shared computers. For example we have only one Mac in the household, and while
my girlfriend usually uses it, it's pretty nice to switch into my account with
my own settings, identity and installed software.

Best regards,
-Stephan