[haiku-appserver] Terminal/MiniTerminal

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku App Server List <haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 20:03:56 +0200

Howdy,

I realized, that in its current state the MiniTerminal is not really
helpful while trying to get attaching gdb to a crashed app working
properly. The main problem is that I have a good deal of debug output that
goes into the terminal so that earlier output is lost due to missing
scrolling support (or is there a way to scroll and I missed it?). Also not
so nice, but probably bearable is that the general text output speed
(especially when scrolling) is really slow (I use qemu, so things are
generally a bit slower).

So, what is the state of the real Terminal? Is it already working? Who
feels responsible for it? Which is the right one anyway -- there seem to be
two implementations? What does a broken zip file in repository
(http://svn.berlios.de/viewcvs/haiku/haiku/trunk/src/apps/terminal/muterm-2.3.zip?rev=11769&view=log)?

What is the state of app server scrolling support in general? IIRC the last
time I had a look at Playground, something was still broken.

Unless there are better options I would add scrolling support to
MiniTerminal, if necessary even hacking a bit to circumvent app server
scrolling support.

Any opinions?

CU, Ingo