[gps-talkusers] Re: the best of all worlds

  • From: "gerry leary" <lgerry3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:56:01 -0700

Hello Mike,

Actually we can have our cake and eat it too.  The trekker is about three
ounces lighter.  Secondly if we look at the market place for sighted folks,
they have GPS with PDA that is smaller then the PDA for the trekker.  It has
the receiver and antenna built in.  Now what if we looked at something like
that and worked on making the system accessible instead of reinventing it.
I don't know how easy this would be to do, but there is a company in England
working on making Windows CE accessible.  In the beginning we were the first
to have such a GPS system, but now that the sighted world has taken the lead
maybe we the community of the blind could look at the whole thing
differently.  Gerry