[gps-talkusers] gps on laptops

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gps-talkusers-freelists.org" <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:18:33 +0100

Hi list,
I would certainly find carrying a laptop and using gps impossible. it is
o.k if you are in a car but when out walking or, on a bus or train it is
impossible I think to make the best use of gps.
I think the braille note gps is the best on the market but as in a previous
mesage, it is no good purchasing the braille note just for gps.
it is a real shame the braille note gps does not run on the seris sixty
phones what a boon that would be. o.k no braille output but the portability
would be grate.
If one can aford it surely gps on the pk is the winner. you have every thing.
braille output very small pda and the best with the braillenote gps.
also the battery life is unbeatable.
the other option is the maestro with a bluetooth keyboard.
the grate plus with the braille note is when on a bus you can acquire so
much info at once.
you can ask where you are, find har near is your destination and follow a
route without any extra cost and you can get this info at your fingertips
regardless of any noise around you.
theree cheers for the braille note gps.