[gps-talkusers] Re: Route closure?

  • From: Kevin Chao <kevinchao89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 23:34:38 -0700

I actually found that once I went beyond the last turn within the route that
I used the D key to zero in on the destination, even before the feature of
the route being closed automatically was introduced in version 4.2.

There are places where I like this feature of the route being closed
automatically when one were to reach their destination, mainly in vehicular
routes. As Sandy said earlier, if there is a pedestrian route that one was
wanting to reverse or if there is a vehicular route that one is wanting to
use at a later time, there is the option of saving it. The system doesn't
allow for the reversal of vehicular routes, which was introduced in version
4.0 for real-life rreasons, which Sandy detailed really well. The one spot
where I am not completely in favor of routes being closed automatically once
reaching ones destination is in the process of creating a manual route.

That sounds like a really cool ffeaturing with routes being created from
replay files. It looks like yet another exciting release to look forward to.
It almost sounds like an automatic way of creating a manual route.

Thanks,

Kevin
I would encourage you to visit the Chaos World of Assistive Technology Blog
at:
http://www.chaosat.wordpress.com/
Postings are dealing with the latest and greatest happenings, tips and
tricks and other items of interest.