[gps-talkusers] Re: Route closure?

  • From: "Sandy Staples" <sandy1109@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:34:22 -0700

Hello, Catherine-

How nice to see a posting from you! This is Sandy Staples, a person from
long ago and far away (well, California).

The Sendero BN GPS automatically closes routes when the destination is
reached-- which I have found vexing at times! But it is not always efficient
to reverse route in a vehicle, so setting a new route back to the starting
point does make sense (one-way streets, medians prohibiting a U-turn, etc.).

It is a exasperating with the pedestrian route, particularly when a client's
metal mapping is such that retracing ones steps is preferred. Creating a new
route to the starting point does not always result in just a reversal. A
go-around that I have used myself and have worked out with some travelers is
to name and save the route before getting to the destination.

The only tool that I am familiar with that will reserve a traveled route is
the new Trekker Breeze-- but the routes are recorded versus generated anew
for a particular destination.

Sandy

  _____