[gps-talkusers] Re: GPS and Mobility in general was Re: Re: Traveling in Manhattan

  • From: "Baracco, Andrew W" <Andrew.Baracco@xxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 10:50:48 -0700

There is a private, nonprofit blindness services agency in Palo Alto.
It used to be called the Peninsula Society, but now I believe that it
has one of those high sounding names, like New Vistas, or something like
that.  They have O. and M. instructors, but they charge.  They mostly
are paid by 3rd party providers like DOR, but if you can afford it, you
can pay for the service.  Be prepared to pay something like $100 per
hour.  If your other living skills are good, you probably don't need to
go to a residential center.  You could probably arrange to have two or 3
lessons per week, or if you have the time, take two weeks off, and do a
crash course.

Andy